You can perform search queries across all of your gradebooks to search for specific grade, average, and progress information. This feature enables you to stay on top of your students' progress and quickly identify how well they're doing across any subjects and sections you teach. You can perform search queries on grades, skill grades, averages, assignment scores, and even comments.
The following are a few examples of the many types of queries you can perform:
- Find all students failing a particular course or section you teach for any marking period.
- Find any students meeting a specific average criteria for any marking period or gradebook.
- Search for all students with missing work for a particular marking period.
- Search for all students with a specific conduct comment for any marking period.
To generate a search query report, do the following:
- On the Reports tab, click Search.
The Custom Report Library browser window appears. If the window doesn't appear, you may need to enable pop-ups in your browser for TeacherPlus.
- Enter a Report Name, and then click a query type from the Query On list (Grades, Averages, or Skill Grades).
- Select the check box corresponding to each marking period(s) or semester(s) to be included in the search.
- If your search query is based on comments, select the check box for the desired comment column.
- In the Include student having grades/comments area, specify the grade or comment requirement for the search as well as the minimum or maximum number of students who meet the criteria.
If you're searching for students with missing work or no scores, select Equal to from the Score(s) drop-down list, and leave the value blank.
- Do any of the following:
- Narrow down the query by class section by selecting the check box Use Section Filter and specifying the section(s).
- Narrow the scope of the query by selecting the check box Use Course Filter and specifying the course(s).
- If you selected to query on Scores in step 2, select the Column: Category Filter check box, and specify the assignment score column types to be included. You can also select the Column: Data Range check box, and specify a data range for the score columns.
- Optional: Select the demographic fields to be included in the report by clicking the field(s) in the Available Fields area and clicking the right arrow to transfer the fields(s) to the Selected Fields area.
- Click Save and Run to run the query and generate the report.
When the report is generated, you can include students who have withdrawn from courses by selecting the Include Withdrawn check box.
After you save a search query report, it's stored in the Custom Report Library. Next time you click Reports > Search, you can see a list of all the reports you've created and saved. Use the icons beside a report to edit, delete, or run the report.
The following figures illustrate query settings based on the specified report goal:
- Find any students with missing homework for the second marking period in November.
- Find all students with good effort and good conduct comments.