Regardless of how many seat rows and columns your classroom has, TeacherPlus makes it easy for you to create a visual seating chart for any of your classes and sections. From the chart, you can not only see each student's position but also a snapshot of their ID photo, current average, and a demographic field of your choice.
Create a Seating Chart
- Click the Seat button under the navigation bar.
- In the upper-right corner of the Seating Chart dialog box, click New.
- In the Seating Chart Layout dialog box, name the chart in the Seating Chart Name text field.
- Enter the number of columns and rows.
- Click one of the Teacher Position options.
Teacher Position refers to your position relative to students. For example, if your desk is located in front of the class, from your perspective, the Teacher Position would be Bottom.
- Do any or none of the following:
- Select the Show Average and Grades check box to display students' averages under their photos in the seating chart.
- Select the Show Demographic field check box, and choose a field to display from the list to the right of it.
- Click OK.
- In the Student List column, drag a student to his or her respective position on the seating chart. Repeat this step to assign seats to other students.
To assign all students to the seating chart at once alphabetically, click Assign All to the right of Student List. Similarly, to clear all students from the chart at once, click Clear All (also to the right of Student List).
- Click Save at the upper-right corner of the Seating Chart dialog box to save your changes.
- Click Back to Gradebook to return to the TeacherPlus startup screen.
In order to avoid closing TeacherPlus, remember to use the Back to Gradebook button instead of your browser's Close button to return to the TeacherPlus startup screen.
Edit an Existing Seating Chart
- Click the Seat button .
- In the Seating Chart dialog box, click the seating chart you want to edit from the Seating Chart list.
- Click Edit.
- Make the necessary changes to the chart by doing any of the following:
- To reset and remove a student's position on the chart, click the Close button icon located to the right of the student's name.
- To change the layout of the chart, click Layout.
- To rename the chart, click Rename.
- To save chart changes as a new template, click Save As.
- Click Save.