The Batch Entry feature simplifies the process of editing all the grades for a given assignment at once. With Batch Entry, you can find a specific grade and replace it with another, add a certain number of points to all scores, increase grades by a certain percentage, or give all students a specific grade.
To batch enter scores, do the following:
Right-click any score cell in the column that you want to modify, and then click Batch Entry: Current Column.
In the Batch Entry dialog box, do one of the following:
- Click Find score or grade and replace with this score or grade, and then enter the current score and the score that will replace it. For example, you could change all instances of a C- to a C.
- Click Add to each score, and then enter the value to be added to every score. For instance, a teacher could add 5 points to an exam because all students completed their extra credit assignment.
- Click Increase each score by, and then specify the percentage to increase all scores by. This option is similar to the previous one but it increases scores by a percentage instead of a point value.
- Click Fill Column with, and then enter the score to be added for every student. This option is perfect for simple assignments, such as pass or fail assignments, in which all students have the same score.
- At the upper-right corner of the Batch Entry dialog box, click OK, and then click Yes to confirm the warning.