When you create a score column, you're required to assign a score category to the column. Default score categories are created and customized in the TeacherPlus Management Site; however, if you've been given permission, you can add them to the Weighting tab. You can add as many assignment categories as you need, allowing you to create a selection of categories that suits your class.
To add an assignment category, do the following:
- On the side-navigation menu, click Grading, and then click the Weighting tab.
- At the bottom of the Weighting tab, click .
In the Add Category dialog box, do the following:
- To select which section to add the category to, click Current Section, All Visible Sections of Current Course, or All My Visible Sections.
- To name the category, enter a name into the Category box.
- To choose a custom color, click the Color selector button, and then choose a color from the dialog box.
- At the top of the Add Category dialog box, click OK.