Add a Permissions Rule
When you click Add next to Included or Excluded, the Add Access Entity dialog box appears. In this dialog box, you can set access rules for specific users, or general groups of users. The process is the same when adding Included or Excluded rules:
- Select a user or a group of users.
- (Optional) Select a time and/or date range for user access.
Once you've created a permissions rule, you can Copy a Permissions Rule to other permissions.
Step 1: Add a User or User Group
To add a user or a group of users to a permissions rule, do the following:
- Next to Included or Excluded, click Add.
In the Add Access Entity dialog box, under Access, click the Select drop-down menu, and then click one of the following:
Permissions Controls Group User
Select specific users from the list of your RediSite's users. To select users, do the following:
- In the Add User dialog box, select the checkbox(es) for the user(s) you want to assign to this permissions rule.
- Click the Items Selected drop-down list, and then click Choose Users.
Group Set Select a group set from the list of your RediSite's predefined group sets. Group Combination
Select two or more groups. To select groups, do the following:
- In the Add Group Combination dialog box, click Add Group, and then click the group you want to add.
- Repeat theprevious step for each group you want to add, and then click Save.
Page Owner Select only the page owner for this permissions rule.
Step 2: Add Time Settings
This step is optional.
When you add a user or a group of users to a permissions rule, you can also add time restrictions to their access. Time Settings aren't always necessary, but they can be helpful insome cases.
Your school allows a part-time coach to edit their team page. However, the coach only needs to edit the page in the fall. Using time settings, you can limit the period of time when the coach can make edits to the team page. To do this, create an Edit Contents permissions rule for their team page that has an Include access entity for their User profile. You can then set the time settings on the Include access entity so that From is the start of their season, and To is the end.
To add time settings to a permissions rule, configure the following settings:
|From||Set the start date and/or time for the permissions rule.|
Set the end date and/or time for the permissions rule.
|Repeat||Set a repeat interval for the permissions rule by setting Repeats, Repeat every, Starts On, and Ends.|