Add a Unit to the Lesson Plan
Adding a unit to the lesson plan is the first step in building a lesson plan. When creating the unit, you can include the unit learning objective (for example, "Working with Fractions") in the unit name, and assign a date range to the unit. Once you've added a unit to the lesson plan, you can begin adding lessons to it.
To add a unit to the lesson plan, follow these steps:
On the Home page, click the class you are building the lesson plan for.
- On the Section menu, click the Lesson Planner tab.
On the Units and Lesson Plans panel, click +Units.
The Add Unit dialog box opens.
See the table below to create a new unit or add an existing unit.
To Do This Create a new unit
- Click Create a new unit, and then click Next.
- Type the Unit Name.
- Enter a Start and End Date for the period of time the unit will be covered.
- Click Save.
Add a unit from a previous year
- Click Add a unit from a previous year's class, and then click Next.
- Select the check box for the class that contains the units you want to add, click Next, and then click OK.
Add a unit from another class this year
- Click Add a unit from another class this year, click Next, select the class, and then click Next to add the units from that class.
Select the check box for the class that contains the units you want to add, click Next, and then click OK.
For more information, see Section Menu. If you don't see the Lesson Planner tab, your PlusPortals administrator has disabled the feature.
The new Unit panel appears to the right of the Units and Lesson Plans panel.
Now that you've created a unit, you can add a lesson to the unit. See Add a Lesson to a Unit.