Lessons are part of a unit. Lessons focus on specific learning objectives for a lesson plan. Once you've added a unit to a lesson plan, you can add lessons to the unit.
Before you can add a lesson to a unit, you must add a unit to the lesson plan. For more information on creating a unit, see Add a Unit to the Lesson Plan.
Add a Lesson
To add a lesson to a unit, follow these steps:
On the Home page, click the class that contains the lesson plan you are adding the lesson to.
On the Section menu, click the Lesson Planner tab.
For more information, see Section Menu. If you don't see the Lesson Planner tab, your PlusPortals administrator has disabled the feature.
On the Unit panel you want to add the lesson to, click + New Lesson.
The Add Lesson dialog box opens.
See the table below to create a new lesson or add an existing lesson.
To Do This Create a new lesson
- Click Create a new lesson, and then click Next.
- Type the Lesson Name, Start Date, and End Date.
- If you want parents and students to see the lesson, select the Visible to Parents and Students check box, and then set the date the lesson becomes visible in the portals.
You can change the visibility settings at any time.
- Click Save.
Add a lesson from a previous year
- Click Add a lesson from a previous year's class, and then click Next.
Select the check box for the lesson you want to add, click Next, and then click OK
Add a lesson from another class this year
- Click Add a lesson from another class this year, and then click Next.
Select the check box for the lesson you want to add, click Next, and then click OK.