Add a File to a Class
You can share files with students by adding the files to your Class page and notifying students via email. You can add new files from the Overview or Resources tab.
To add a file by copying it from another class, see Copy a File to a Class.
To add a file to a Class page, follow these steps:
On the Home page, click the class you want to add the file to.
On the Overview tab, scroll down to the Files panel, and click the file location from the Add New drop-down list.
On the Section menu, click the Resources tab. On the Files panel, click the file location in the Add drop-down list.
For more information, see Section Menu. If you don't see the Resources tab, your PlusPortals administrator has disabled the feature.
Select the file you want to add.
The Add Class File dialog box opens with the file displayed under File Name.
- Type a Description for the file.
To select the folder you want to save the file to, do one of the following:
- Click a folder in the Select Folder drop-down list.
- Create a folder by clicking New, typing a Folder Name, clicking Save, and then clicking the new folder in the Select Folder drop-down list.
When a folder is selected in the Select Folder drop-down list, you can click Edit or Delete to edit the name of the folder or delete the folder.
- In Select Sections, select the check boxes for each section of the class you want to add the file to.
- To send an email notification, select Send E-Mail Notification.
If you selected Send E-Mail Notification, the Send E-mail Notification dialog box opens. Specify the recipients of the email, compose and format the text of the email, and click Send.