Create a Course Group
Creating a course group allows you to group together courses (for example, English courses being offered second semester) which can then be added to a section on a course request form. Students select the course they want to take from the offerings in the course group.
Before creating a course group, ensure that you are working in the correct year, since all course request tasks affect the selected year. To check what year you are working in and, if necessary, make a change, see Course Request Settings.
To create a course group, follow these steps:
- On the navigation bar, click Setup > Course Requests > Course Request Forms.
- At the bottom of the Course Request Forms page, click Next: Add Section.
- Click Add/Edit Course Group.
- In the Groups dialog box, click New.
- Type a Course Group Name, and then click Add Course(s).
- In the PlusPortals: Select Courses dialog box, click the course you want to add, and then click Add.
- In the Groups dialog box, click Save, and then click OK.
You can add multiple courses at once by holding Shift or Ctrl while clicking the courses.