A portal e-mail is delivered to a user’s personal e-mail inbox and their portal inbox.
To send an e-mail, follow these steps:
- On the navigation bar, click Communication > E-Mails and Messages.
- Click New E-Mail.
Next to To, click Add Recipients.
For privacy reasons, recipients of the e-mail are not visible to each other.
- In the Select Recipients dialog box, do any of the tasks described in the table below.
|Add admin users to the recipients list.||
|Add teachers to the recipients list.||
|Add students and/or parents to the recipients list.||
|Add a group to the recipients list.||
If you selected the Individuals check box, another Select Recipients dialog box appears. Select the users you want to add to the recipients list, and then click Next.
- In the next Select Recipients dialog box, verify the recipients, and then click OK.
If you select users who don't have an e-mail address, PlusPortals notifies you before you click OK.
Repeat steps 3-5 to add multiple user groups to the recipients list.
- Next to Cc and Bcc, click Add Recipients, and then repeat steps 4 and 5.
- Next to Subject, type the subject of the e-mail.
- To attach a file, click Attach File From next to Attachments, and locate the file on your computer.
- Type the content of your e-mail in the text editor.
- To send a push notification to parents' mobile devices along with the email, select the Include Push Notification check box.
- Do one of the following:
The file size limit is 10 MB.
Parents will receive the push notification if they downloaded the ParentPlus app and registered their account.
You will only see the Include Push Notification check box if push notifications are enabled and parents are permitted to receive push notifications for new messages. For more information, see Enable Push Notifications and Choose the Types of Push Notifications to Send Parents.
Click Send to deliver the e-mail.
A record of the e-mail is saved to the Sent Items folder.
- Click Save to save a draft of the e-mail for later editing.