In addition to e-mails, you can maintain communication with students, parents, and teachers through announcements, notifications, and alerts, which appear on the Home page of the portals.
On the navigation bar, click Communication > School Announcements.
The Announcements tab opens.
- Click the tab for the type of message you want to create (Announcements, Notifications, or Alerts).
- Click Create.
- Type the Title and Description.
- Enter the Start Date and End Date for when you want the message to show to users.
- Do any of the following:
- Next to Visible To, select the user groups you want to show the message to.
- Attach a file or add a link.
- Select the Send E-Mail Notification check box to send an immediate e-mail notice to the selected user groups.
If you are creating an announcement, you can select the Show on Login Page (Public) check box to show the announcement on the login page. For it to appear, you must select the Use PlusPortals Home Page instead of Login Page check box and the News check box via Miscellaneous > Appearance > PlusPortals Home Page.
- Click Save.
Remember to give permission for announcements, notifications, and alerts to show on the Home page of user portals. To do this, click Permissions > Summary and, under Home Page Permissions, select the Notifications and Alerts and School Announcements check boxes.