Your school can e-mail automated notifications to students and parents and allow them to choose how frequently they want to receive the notifications. You can also set the week day the notification is sent based on which preference the students and parents choose (weekly, biweekly, or monthly).
On the navigation bar, click Communication > Automated Notifications.
For Enable automated notification E-Mails to Parents and Students, do one of the following:
- Click Yes to enable automated notifications and give students and parents permission to change how frequently they want to receive them.
- Click No to disable automated notifications.
If students and parents select to receive notifications weekly, in the Weekly Send E-Mail notifications on every drop-down list, click the week day they receive automated notifications.
If students and parents select to receive notifications biweekly, in the Every Two Weeks Send E-Mail notifications on every other drop-down list, click the week day students and parents receive automated notifications.
- If students and parents select to receive notifications Monthly, do one of the following:
- Click Day, and then enter the day of the month the automated notifications are sent.
- Click The, and then in the drop-down lists, click whether you want monthly notifications to be sent on the first, second, third, fourth, or last day of a given week day.
- Click Save.
You can customize the subject and message body of automated notification e-mails by modifying the Automated Notifications template. To edit the template, click Setup > E-Mail Setup, and at the top of the Customize E-Mail Templates page, click Automated Notifications.