This topic covers how to create, edit, and delete an event category. Event categories organize events and communicate information about them at a glance. You and other users can filter events on the calendar by selecting a category.
To manage calendar event categories, follow these steps:
On the navigation bar, click Communication > Calendar.
The Calendar tab opens.
- Click New Event.
In the Event dialog box, locate Select Category, and complete any of the following options:
- Create a new category:
- Next to Select Category, click New.
- In the Add Calendar Category dialog box, type the Category name.
In the Choose Color drop-down list, click a color, and then click Apply.
To allow teachers to use the category, select the Allow Teachers to use this category check box.
- Click Save.
- In the Select Category drop-down list, click a category, and then click Edit.
- In the Edit Calendar Category dialog box, edit the category name, color, and teacher access, and then click Save.
- In the Select Category drop-down list, click a category, and then click Delete.