Skills must first be set up in AdminPlus before they can be used in TeacherPlus. Creating and configuring skills in AdminPlus and the Gradebook Management Site is a four-part process, covered throughout this chapter:
- Creating the skills and assigning them to courses (covered in this topic)
- Creating skill grade symbols and a grade pool
- Assigning a grade pool to specific skills (optional)
- Configuring cut-off values in the Gradebook Management Site
Create Skills in AdminPlus
- On the Shortcut Bar, click Report Cards.
- In the Report Cards menu, click Cust RC.
In the Customize Report Cards Plus dialog box, click Skills and concepts, and then click Next.
On the Skills tab, click a Record # that is unused, and fill out the information for the skill being created.
- Click Accept [F10] to save the skill.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to create more skills, and then close the dialog box when finished.
Assign Skills to a Course in AdminPlus
- On the Shortcut Bar, click Report Cards, and then click Ent. Courses.
- Click View/edit courses & sections, and then click Next.
Click Lookup on the left, click the course to which you want to assign skills, and then click Select.
- Click Skills on the left.
In the Available Skills area, hold down the Control key while clicking the skills to be linked, and then click the arrow pointing to the right to transfer the skills to the Selected Skills area.
- Click Accept [F10].