Once you've linked your gradebook to a class in Google Classroom, you can add assignment columns that link to Google Classwork assignments. If you haven't linked your gradebook to a class in Google Classroom, see Link a Gradebook to a Class in Google Classroom.
To create a column and link that column to a Google Classwork Assignment, do the following:
On the Gradebook toolbar, click Add Column.
In the Add Column dialog box, click Link Classwork..
- In the Link Classwork dialog box, locate and select the assignment from the list of Google Classwork assignments, and then click Link.
- The name, description, possible points, and date are automatically added from the Google Classwork assignment.
- Select a Category from the drop-down.
(Optional) Select the Add to PlusPortals as Coursework check box to make this assignment available in your students' portals.
If you don't select this option when you create the assignment column, you can go back and activate the setting by editing the column.
In the same settings group box as above, do any of the following:
- Select Lock Column to prevent any changes to the column.
- Select Count in Averages to count the assignment in the averages.
- Select Shared (Portals) Column to share the assignment and its score with parents.
Assignments that count in averages should be made public so that parents can see the assignments that are affecting their child's average.
- Click Create Column.