SuperDB allows you to import data from comma or tab delimited files. If you're working in Microsoft Excel®, use the Save As feature to save the file as a .csv or .tsv file. You can access the imported information in your desired SuperDB table.
On the menu bar, click View > SuperDB.
Click a table from the drop-down list at the top of the SuperDB dialog box.
Click Import from ASCII in the left panel.
Click the desired table in the Import To Which SuperDB Table drop-down list.
- Click Student or Staff, depending on which type of data you're importing.
Click to browse your computer or network, and click the import file.
- Click Comma delimited or Tab delimited, depending on the import file type.
- Enter the number of header lines that AdminPlus should ignore at the beginning of the file when importing data in the How many header lines to ignore box.
- In the Which header line, if any, contains field names box, enter the number where the header line is located that contains your field names for your data.
- Enter the number of fields for each student record in the How many fields per record box, and click Next.
In the Primary Key field in the import file drop-down list, click the number of the location of the primary key field in your import file.
The primary key is an item that should be unique to identify a student in AdminPlus. This item must exist in both the import file and AdminPlus Data Base. Matching this data ensures that the other data fields in the file import successfully into the correct student's file.
- Click the primary key in AdminPlus from the Primary Key in Administrator's Plus drop-down list, and click Next.
- Optional: Click an item in the Mapped to SuperDB as... column to change the field name, click the field name in SuperDB from the drop-down list, and repeat if applicable.
- Click Next.
- Check the mapped fields to make sure the fields are accurately mapped, and click Import.
- Click Yes to confirm the warning and import your data into the SuperDB table.