The process of printing a report with contact information involves two major parts: mapping the Report Writer codes to the respective contact fields in your Data Base and choosing which contact information to include while generating the report. This feature is useful when you need to print reports for parents and/or guardians.
Map Report Writer Codes to Contact Fields
Do either of the following:
If contacts have not yet been activated for reports: Click Setup > Contacts > Activate Contacts For Reports.
A warning appears (confirm it).
- If contacts have already been activated for reports: Click Setup > Contacts > Map Report Writer Codes to Contact Fields.
- Double-click a DB Field, click the desired field from the Select DB Field dialog box, and click Select.
- Double-click a Contacts Field, click the desired field from the Select Contacts Field dialog box, and click Select.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 as necessary to map additional existing fields.
To add a new field, click Map RW Code [F2], click the desired Data Base field, click Select, and then repeat step 3 to map the Data Base field to a Contact Data Base field.
- Optional: To remove a field, click the field, click Delete RW Code [F8], and confirm the warning.
- Click Done [F10].
Print a Report with Contacts
The following steps can be completed after selecting a Report Writer program and completing the proper specifications for that report.
Complete all the prompts for your report, and generate the report.
The Send Reports to Contacts And/Or Students Specifications dialog box appears.
- Select the Contacts check box.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Primary Contact Only to send this report to only the selected students' primary contact.
- Click All Contacts to send this report to all contacts associated with selected students who have rights to receive reports from the module the report is being run.
- Click Selected Contacts to send this report to specific contacts.
If you clicked Selected Contacts in step 3, click a NOT USED cell in the Value column, and enter the appropriate Value.
To change the criteria of a field, click a NOT USED cell in the Criteria column, and click the desired criteria from the drop-down list.
Click Contact Full Name or Parent Mailing Name [PARENT/GUARDIAN].
Clicking Contact Full Name retrieves information from the Contact Data Base. Clicking Parent Mailing Name [PARENT/GUARDIAN] retrieves information from a Data Base field.
Optional: To override the User Right you've set in the Contact Data Base and allow any contact to access this report, click Advanced Security Settings [F3], click Yes, and then confirm the warning.
- Click Print [F9].
Select the check box Do not show again at the bottom of the Send Reports to Contacts And/Or Students Specifications dialog box to hide the box in the future. This option can save you time when running reports in the future if you're certain that it's highly likely you won't need to change whom the report is sent to. To enable the box once again: From the body of the report, click the dots next to Show Sent to Window, and then clear the check box you had previously selected.