Link a student to a contact who isn't in his or her household to ensure your contact is connected to the appropriate student. This feature is useful, for example, if a parent who lives outside of the student's household wants to receive report cards for his or her child. Selecting the Report Cards check box in the Local Fields area of the contact's information ensures that the parent will receive report cards. For more information on local fields, see Customize Global and Local Fields.
On the Demographics screen, click a student, and then click New in the student snapshot.
- Select the Copy contacts from check box, and click All Contacts.
- Do either of the following:
- Click Mother or Father.
- Click Other, and click the correct relationship from the Other drop-down list, or enter a new relationship in the Other drop-down list.
Click Next [Alt+N].
- In the Select Contact to Copy dialog box, click the contact you want to link with the selected student, and click Select.
- Click Save [F10], and then click Done [F10].