Add a new contact to the database to keep track of the contact's information and how the contact relates to a student. You can enter specific information, such as whether or not the contact has custody of the child and which reports the contact should receive.
On the Demographics screen, click a student, and then click New in the student snapshot.
Optional: Select the This new contact is in ... Household check box if the new contact is a member of the selected student's household.
The contact's data will be automatically populated with the student's address and phone number in step 5.
- Do either of the following:
- Click Mother or Father.
- Click Other, and click the correct relationship from the Other drop-down list, or enter a new relationship in the Other drop-down list.
Click Next [Alt+N].
Enter the proper contact information in the Global Fields section of the Contacts: Edit Mode dialog box.
Global FieldsFields that contain the contact's name, address, phone number, and employer information (among other fields illustrated below) are considered global fields because they remain the same for the contact regardless of the student that the contact is connected to.
- In the Household panel, do one of the following:
- If this contact lives with your selected student, click Lives with this student.
If this contact lives with another student in the district click Lives with another student, click , click the appropriate student, and click Select.
- If this contact doesn't live with any students, click Lives with no student.
Enter the proper contact information in the Local Fields section of the Contacts: Edit Mode dialog box.
Local FieldsFields that are specific to the relationship between the student and the contact are considered local fields. For example, local fields define the relationship between the contact and the student, determine parent portal access and which reports should be sent to the contact, and they establish if the contact can pick up the child from school.
- Click Save [F10], and then click Done [F10] at the lower-right corner.