After completing the New Year and End of Year Processes in AdminPlus, you must set up a new gradebook year for TeacherPlus. This TeacherPlus New Year Process ensures a gradebook archive is created for the previous year and your settings are carried over to the new year.
Performing this process temporarily prohibits teachers from accessing their gradebooks for the current ending school year.
Before you set up a new TeacherPlus Gradebook year, you complete the following tasks:
- Create and Schedule a Backup
- Create a New Year and Promote Students
- Transfer Report Cards Data
- Transfer Database Data
- Complete School Office Suite (SOS) End of Year Processes
- Complete the SIF End of Year Process
- Change the Active School Year
About the Process
Completing the TeacherPlus New Year Process, accomplishes the following:
Copies the following TeacherPlus Management Site settings from the previous year to the new year:
- Default categories
- Grade scales and the courses to which they are linked
- Semester and final average formulas
- Skill grade settings
- Additional score symbols
- Score annotations
- Demographic field selections
- Column settings
- Attendance code selections
- Comment settings
- Narrative settings
- Combined progress report settings
- Custom reports
- Management Site user accounts and their credentials
- Teacher accounts with credentials
Copies the following gradebook teacher settings:
Categories and their weights
Categories are stored per gradebook to make it possible for different classes to have different categories and weights. If the Management Site setting is to allow teachers to be in control of editing categories and their weights, then the New Year Process will attempt to copy what the teacher created in the previous year to the new year. This will only work if the teacher taught the same class in the previous year; otherwise, their initial categories will come from the Management Site defaults.
Teachers must inspect all of their categories and weights to make sure the categories and weights are as they want them to be in the new school year.
- Grading > Averages > Teacher
- Settings > View Settings > Gradebooks > Display As
- Settings > General Settings > Startup Screen
- Progress report settings
- Report settings
- Class memos
- Teacher-defined annotations
- Active user status
- View > Sort Columns
- View > Header Rows
- View > Statistics
- View > Gradebooks > Also Show in the Gradebook Menu > Line 2
- Creates archival Excel files for all of your gradebooks for the year that has ended. These Excel files can be found in the TeacherPlus Archival Excel Files folder, located on your server in the RS4 folder.
Step 1. Create a New Gradebook Year
- On the AdminPlus toolbar, select the new year using the drop-down list.
- Click Tools > TeacherPlus Setup & Sync Manager.
In the TeacherPlus Setup & Sync Manager dialog box, click Create New Year.
- Select the school year that just ended from the drop-down list, and then click Done [F10].
- Click Yes to confirm the Warning message.
Step 2. Perform an All Data Sync
You can skip this step if you're in the process of scheduling students and don't want to perform an All Data sync at this time. If you choose to wait, make sure you perform the sync prior to the beginning of the school year so that TeacherPlus receives your AdminPlus data for the new year.
In the TeacherPlus Setup & Sync Manager dialog box, click All Data (Since Year Start), and then click Next.
The Syncing with the Gradebook Cloud Server dialog box appears. A message appears below the green progress bar when the sync completes.
Select the Send All Pictures and Send All IEP Files check boxes, and then click Next to send pictures and IEP documents to the new year.
Step 3. Create an Excel Archive of Gradebooks
In the TeacherPlus Setup & Sync Manager dialog box, click Create Archival Excel Files.
Select the school year that just ended from the drop-down list, and then click Done [F10].
A message appears, indicating that the archive has been saved to RS4 > TeacherPlus Archival Excel Files on your computer. You can navigate to the specified location on your computer to access the archive inside the TeacherPlus Archival Excel Files folder. A folder is created for each gradebook school year archive.
If your school is hosted, the RS4 folder is not located on your computer. Contact cloud services to obtain the archive file.
Step 4. Set Marking Period Dates
The last step of the TeacherPlus New Year Process involves accessing the TeacherPlus Management Site to set the marking period start dates for the new school year.
- In the TeacherPlus Management Site, click General > Marking Period Start Dates.
Set the marking period dates for the new school year.
The next time teachers open TeacherPlus, they will see the new school year's courses and rosters.
Modify Gradebook Information for the Previous Year
After you set up the new gradebook year, you can still modify gradebook information for the school year that has just ended.
- On the AdminPlus toolbar, select the year that has ended in the drop-down list.
- Make the school year that has ended the active year (Setup > General > Current And Scheduling Year).
Perform an All Data sync.
Tools > TeacherPlus Setup & Sync Manager > All Data (Since Year Start).
The gradebooks for the school year that ended are now available for you to edit.
- Once you're done making changes to gradebook information in the previous year, repeat steps 1–3 to return gradebooks to the new year.
Rolling back your active year to modify the previous year's gradebooks also rolls back your gradebooks to the previous year. It's recommended that teachers do not access TeacherPlus while you're in the process of rolling back to modify past gradebooks.