The newly redesigned Lookup makes it easy for you to search for students or staff using their names or any demographic field displayed in Lookup. You can also choose to search either by first characters or by any characters contained in the person's information.
- On the Home screen, click Students or Staff, based on what demographic group you wish to search in.
- If searching for a person using his or her name, proceed to step 4.
- If searching for someone by using a demographic field other than Name, click the column label by which you would like to search for the person (for example, STUDENT CITY).
Clicking a column label sorts the demographic information in Lookup by that column and also confines the searches you perform to that column only.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Begins With if searching using the first three characters contained in the person's information for the selected demographic category.
- Click Contains if searching using any characters contained in the individual's information for the category.
- Type the student or staff member's information in the text box, based upon your selection for step 4, and press Enter.
Upon adding a new student or staff member or editing demographic information about him or her, click the refresh button icon to the right of the Current View list to refresh Lookup and display the most up-to-date demographic information.