To perform scheduling (load students), do the following:
Using Scheduling Plus: On the shortcut bar, click Scheduling, and then click Perform Sch.
Using the Super Deluxe Schedule Builder: on the Menu Bar, click Tools, click Super Deluxe Schedule Builder, click Done, click Load Students (perform scheduling), and then click Next.
In the Specifications: Perform Scheduling dialog box, set the desired specifications, and then click Done:
Perform Scheduling Specifications
1. Random Scheduling
Determines whether courses can be scheduled over the optimum size (maximum # of students) that you set for the course. The two options are:
- OFF: Will schedule over optimum
- ON: Will NOT schedule over optimum
2. Include What In Log
Determines what data are recorded in logs generated by the Perform Scheduling process. Each log gives you a Totals page. The options are:
- ALL Students: Logs the results for all students.
- UNSCHEDULED students only: Logs the results for unscheduled students. This is the recommended setting because you can see the students who had scheduling conflicts.
- TOTALS Only: Logs the results as a statistical report for each grade level.
3. Maximum Attempts Mode
Determines how many attempts the program makes to schedule each student.
- OFF: (saves time): Limits attempts to the most obvious scheduling combinations. This option is faster, but less effective because it will miss the less obvious scheduling combinations.
- ON: Allows the program to try all combinations with a chance of success. This is the recommended setting because it is more likely to completely schedule students.
4. Start Grade For All Grades
The lower limit of the All Grades range.
5. End Grade For All Grades
The upper limit of the All Grades range.
6. Maximum Major Courses Per QTR
Determines the maximum number of major courses a student can take in a quarter.
7. Maximum Minor Courses Per QTR
Determines the maximum number of minor courses a student can take in a quarter.
8. Major Courses Have Priority 0 to ?
Determines the scale used to set the cutoff between major and minor courses. The default range is 0-2. This means that courses with a 0, 1, or 2 priority designation are major courses. Courses with a 3, 4, or 5 designation are minor courses. 0 is the absolute highest priority designation while 5 is the lowest.
In the Perform Scheduling dialog box, do either of the following, and then click Next.
- Click Grade number, and then click a grade from the drop-down list.
- Click All grades.
In the Select Scheduling Mode dialog box, do either of the following, and then click Next:
- Click 2. Perform actual scheduling...students will not be partially scheduled.
Click 3. Perform actual scheduling...students will be partially scheduled. This is the recommended setting.Note: This is the recommended setting because students who cannot be scheduled into all of their course requests will have the requests that create a conflict dropped so that they can be scheduled into their other requests. The other option won't schedule students into any courses if there are any scheduling conflicts.
- Follow step 6 or steps 7 and 8, depending on what you selected in step 3.
If you selected All grades in step 3, you'll be directed to shuffle your entire school. Click Yes to accept and schedule all students. This is your last step of the process, so skip the next two steps.
If you selected a Grade number in step 3, do one of the following, and then click Next:
- Click Shuffle entire school.
- Click Shuffle only within grade level.
- Click No shuffling.
Again, if you selected a Grade number in step 3, do one of the following, and then click Next:
- Click All students.
- Click Individual students / groups, load or create a group, and then click Accept [F10].
- Click Interval of students, select the starting and ending student ID's, and then click Select.
- Click Students matching a criteria (query), enter the search criteria, and then click Accept [F10].