New Year Transition Mode hides new year scheduling information from students, parents, and teachers until schedules are finalized while still allowing them to access PlusPortals. This feature ensures uninterrupted communication of events and announcements during your transition to the new year.
When New Year Transition Mode is enabled:
The Homeroom field on the student and parent Demographics tabs is still visible.
To hide the Homeroom field, follow these steps:
- Click Permissions, and then click Students. Scroll down to Demographics, clear the Homeroom check box, and then click Save Settings.
- Click Permissions, and then click Parents. Scroll down to Demographics, clear the Homeroom check box, and then click Save Settings.
Scheduling information is hidden from admin users logging in as a student or parent, mirroring what students or parents see when they log in.
Tip: You can log in as a student or parent by clickingnext to a user on the Students or Parents tab of the Manage Accounts page.
- Teachers can still view their students' current scheduling information on the Students tab.
- Group heads can still view group members' current scheduling information in their student details.
Important: If there is directory information you want hidden as you transition, see Customize Directory Permissions for Parents and Students and Customize Teachers' Directory Permissions.
To enable New Year Transition Mode, follow these steps:
- On the navigation bar, click Manage Accounts, and then click Settings.
Under New Year Transition Mode, for every user group for whom you want to activate New Year Transition Mode, click the Active for [user] toggle to switch it to Yes.
- At the bottom of the screen, click Save.