Change the Active School Year
The final step of the End of Year Process in AdminPlus is making your new school year the active year. Changing your active year syncs new year data with your other applications. You must complete all other end of year tasks before changing your active year to avoid overwriting data in the current year.
Before you make your new school year the active year, you must have completed the following tasks:
- Create and Schedule a Backup
- Create a New Year and Promote Students
- Transfer Report Cards Data
- Transfer Database Data
- Complete School Office Suite (SOS) End of Year Processes
- Complete the SIF End of Year Process
Change the Active Year
To change the active year, do the following:
- On the toolbar, click Setup > General > Current and Scheduling Year.
- In the Current and Scheduling Year Specifications dialog box, click Current Year (Active Year).
- Select the new school year, and then click Select.
Once you're certain that all other AdminPlus end of the year tasks are complete and your current year is over, confirm the WARNING: FILES WILL BE DELETED message.
Warning: This is an irreversible process, so ensure that your year is over before continuing.
- Click Done if you've completed all other AdminPlus end of the year tasks and the current year has ended.